Western Reserve Lace Society, fondly known as Thread Whisperers, is a non-profit organization.
Explore Schneeberger Tape Lace
3 Day Lace Workshop
March 2, 3, & 4, 2024 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Pat Morris - Instructor
The Western Reserve Lace Society is a Charter Chapter of the International Organization of Lace, Inc (IOLI which celebrates its 45th anniversary in 2026.)
Members are also active members of OIDFA. OIDFA is an international lace group which hosts an On-site Congress every two years. In 2024 the Virtual Congress will be held July 15 - 28, 2024..
The Virtual Congress registration includes participation in lectures with well-known international lace experts and the ability to register for courses. In 2025 the On-site Congress will be in Karlovo & Kalofer, Bulgaria, from August 11 - 23, 2025. For full information visit their website - OIDFA.com.
The Western Reserve Lace Society's purpose is to:
Further knowledge of lace, both in making and identifying of bobbin lace, needle lace or tatting.
- To make the public aware of lace making through demonstrations and exhibits
- Provide a forum for lace makers to exchange ideas and techniques
- Serve as a clearing center for availability of books, supplies and special instructions
- To fulfill the social need of the group when interacting in the lace making process
- To encourage interest in lace making by bringing guests to meetings
- To provide workshops and field trips
Meeting location: A member's home east of Cleveland, Ohio; east of Chagrin Falls.
Meeting time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fall and Winter Meeting Dates
Dec 18 – Holiday luncheon